Monday, February 16, 2009

why was Valleywag (Owen Thomas, specifically) silen on Craig's NAMBLA thing?

MORE: Good, God!I *really* hope this ISN'T Valleywag's Owen... -- didn't notice before but the conviction is listed and under 14 is way too young to have possibly thought the kid was actually an adult; still, not everybody who gets convicted is in fact guilty but it looks pretty bad... D.
...
re: Craig's NAMBLA thing? (and related topics, when they were squarely brought up on Valleywag by commenters)

... I do hope I'm wrong on this one... but take a look at this: doesn't that guy look too much like Valleywag's Owen Thomas? (it's hard to find a somber picture of him nowadays, but here is one taken from about the same angle -- his head is tilted the other way and he's got a smile on so that makes the mouth hard to compare but if you look at the structure of the head, the eyebrows, the nose shape, the eyes... )

I've always assumed his first name was Owen and his last name Thomas... but could he have switched them when he registered in San Francisco as a sex offender against children? or did he switch them in real life after registering ? Is either his first or second name Alex (as on the sex offenders' list)?

Delia

P.S. If I'm wrong on this (and I *do* hope I'm wrong), I would think Owen shouldn't feel offended: I mean I put down the evidence I saw with the doubts and all...

P.P.S. even if this is true, it does not necessarily mean that Owen is a horrible person -- he may just have been in a relationship with a guy who was 17 but looked and claimed to be older, who knows... but regardless, such a record would make him much less likely to look into NAMBLA issues and the like (for fear that his own record might be looked into and brought up) D.

No comments:

Post a Comment